Questions for Liberal and BC NDP Leadership Candidates About Public Education in BC.
Questions for Liberal and BCNDP Leadership Candidates About Public Education in BC.
By Mike Lombardi, School Trustee, Vancouver Board of Education.
Education is a priority for British Columbians. Now is the time for leadership candidates seeking the leadership of the BC Liberal and BCNDP to provide their answers to the following questions about education issues in BC. I look forward to hearing candidate responses to the following questions.
1. Education funding has not kept pace with rising costs BC school district have had to make millions of dollars of spending reductions over several years due inadequate provincial funding. Will you support increasing funding to school districts to meet the real costs of running school districts?
3. If you become the leader of your party, how will you improve the educational outcomes for aboriginal students?
4. What does inclusive education mean to you? What will you do to improve educational outcomes for students with special needs?
5. What will you do to alleviate poverty and improve the quality of life for economically disadvantaged students and their families?
6. What will you do to fast-track seismic upgrades of school buildings?
7. Will you be an advocate for keeping neighbourhood schools open for public education and other needed public services?
8. Are you committed to protecting the role and autonomy of locally elected school boards?
Please add other education related questions for candidates!